More course details are on the RUconnected site
(campus login required).
Course notes follow on from the CSc201 MIPS2C book. If you
missed that course, please read at least the C part of the CSc201 course.
You can find the latest edition of the CSc202 Operating Systems
book here. Version history:
- 18 August 2021 – minor correction (you even spot things when the course isn’t on).
- 6 July 2017 – sent for printing – minor updates.
- 26 August 2016 – sent for printing.
- C and C++ in 5 Days, notes on
C and C++ programming – look for more comprehensive more up to date sources
- iOS Security: iOS 8.1 or later, Apple Whitepaper, October 2014 – note use of L4 microkernel (p 7).
Local copy here; original – possibly updated – at Apple here.
The practical component of the course uses trace-driven simulation to make it possible
to explore implementing components of an operating system without requiring a full
operating system, e.g., a scheduler or virtual memory.